Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
InVeris Training Solutions is a global leader in integrated live fire and virtual training solutions for military forces, law enforcement agencies and commercial shooting ranges. We employ over 400 people in 6 countries, including the US, UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore and Holland.
We work on some of the most demanding challenges in the defense, law enforcement and commercial range industries: from saving lives to keeping our peacekeepers and civilians safely trained. What’s more, InVeris Training Solutions employees are committed, engaged and excited that the work we do is in Service to Safety. We’ve got the best of both worlds in one company, and we invite you to become part of our growing team.
Processing and paying vendors in a timely and accurate manner, while maintaining the AP aging to a current and accurate status, maintaining vendor accounts, and payroll processing backup.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Voucher invoices relating to Inventory and Expenses
- Facilitate the voucher approval process whereby all vouchers are approved, coded, and ready for batch entry
- Process checks on the system (includes running the following systems reports: pre check edit report, check posting, check register)
- Prepare and process manual checks as needed
- Process checks for any customer refunds
- Establish accounts for new vendors as needed
- Respond to Vendor inquiries timely
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Prepares Month End journal entries, reporting and reconciliations relating to Accounts Payable
- Prepare 1099 tax forms
- Responsible for processing payroll as a backup
- Other duties as assigned by management
High school diploma required, college courses in Accounting preferred
3-5 Years High Volume AP
Systems Requirement: Microsoft Office. Costpoint by Deltek a plus
Spreadsheets, Charts and Excellent Time Management Skills
Personal attributes required for this position:
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Willingness to help in areas outside general responsibilities
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
InVeris Training Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation. Contact Human Resources at ITS-HumanResources@inveristraining.com.