Job Title: Director of Product Strategy
InVeris Training Solutions is a global leader in integrated live fire and virtual training solutions for military forces, law enforcement agencies and commercial shooting ranges. We employ 400 people in seven countries, including the US, Australia, Canada, the Netherlands, Qatar, Singapore and the UK.
We work on some of the most demanding challenges in the defense, law enforcement and commercial range industries: from saving lives to keeping our peacekeepers and civilians safely trained. What’s more, InVeris Training Solutions employees are committed, engaged and excited that the work we do is in Service to Safety. We’ve got the best of both worlds in one company, and we invite you to become part of our growing team.
We are currently searching for a Director of Product Strategy to join the Senior Management team leading the product strategy. This leader will reside in the Atlanta area.
Reporting directly to the CEO, this critical position will be a member of the Senior management team, ensuring that InVeris’ product line is thoughtfully managed and supported across the primary business functions of sales, engineering, and operations. The ideal candidate will possess a well-rounded mix of relevant personnel management, technical relevance, and ability to understand and harmonize competing perspectives on potential product development options.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Establish overall direction and strategic initiatives for InVeris products
- Lead a group of product managers responsible for the InVeris product lines (i.e. Virtual Systems, Virtual Weapons, Live Fire Military, and Live Fire Law Enforcement)
- Compile/maintain the 1 & 3-year strategic product roadmap
- Manage the product development process by translating user testing and feedback into feature/function requirements
- Drive strategic initiatives and long-term growth/profitability plans
- Responsible for product line competitiveness
- Analyze and communicate emerging industry trends and market demands
- Assess competitive threats and recommend countermeasures
- Coordinate product launch and product marketing with Marketing dept.
- Manage the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) responsible for ensuring the product is fit for purpose
- Identify expansion opportunities and mergers and acquisitions
- Cultivate relationships with customer community (industry leadership, thought leadership)
- Recommend the pricing of the product in collaboration with Sales and Marketing
- Set the product image/aesthetics (i.e. how it looks)
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or other technical related course of study
- 10+ years of experience in engineering or product development/management
- 5+ years of managerial experience
- Must be a US person/permanent resident ‘green card’ holder
- Broad technical skillset
- Demonstrated ability to manage, evolve, and motivate teams and organizations in a highly positive demeanor
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Team oriented with strong leadership skills
- Ability to engage and interact with customers and other stakeholders at all levels
- Proven track record in successfully leading teams and personnel
- Experience with software tools to for product portfolio management in an Agile development environment (e.g. Jira) highly desirable
- Experience within US government subcontracting and the Defense Industry highly desired
296 Brogdon Road
Suwanee GA 30024
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
InVeris Training Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation. Contact Human Resources at ITS-HumanResources@inveristraining.com.