Job Title: 3DVFX Artist
Reports directly to Creative/Art Director
Responsible for 3D Modeling, texturing, lighting, and animation production. Determines mid-level project planning and scheduling.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Generalist 3DVFX
- 3D Modeling and texturing.
- Video Editing
- Problem solving and software training
- Creation of 3D terrain databases and 3D gaming assets.
- Must have realism and real-time gaming constraints in mind during construction of 3D assets.
- Aware of system constraints and project guidelines.
- Aligned with method of Documentation Art Director and Lead 3D Artist determine
- Modeling Characters, Weapons, Vehicles, Buildings, and other assets
- UV layout and Texture Mapping
- Rendering Assets
- Image Editing
- Asset Management and Organization
- Fix problem reports that may arise during testing
- Help mentor other artists when needed
- Organic and Hard Surface Modeling (For example, Characters, Vehicles, or Weapons)
- Reports directly to Creative/Art Director for high level project information and studio
- Reports directly to Lead 3D Artist for technical and 3D level information
- Responsible for 3D Modeling, texturing, lighting, and animation production.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of experience in video creation, directing, and editing
- Min 2 yrs professional use of Autodesk Maya, and Photoshop. (Max experience can be applicable if willing to convert to Maya)
- Working knowledge of Zbrush.
- Experience in Normal map generation and baking procedures.
- Familiar with setting up and exporting real-time assets for use in one of the following: SDS, Cry Engine, Unreal, VBS.
- Knowledge of asset management using Alienbrain or similar file protection software
- Proven problem-solving.
- A solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art.
- Traditional Art training- ability to sketch paint or draw to convey design ideas
- Maintain a high level of visual and technical quality
- Able to manage subset of assets, like characters, or vehicles, including file structure, associated configuration files, textures, etc…
- Experience in the process of giving and receiving positive/constructive critiques.
- Good personality and works well in a Team. Supportive team member, but can work with minimal supervision after initial guidance
Limited scripting and tool design B, BS or equivalent degree in Media, Animation, Architecture, or Computer Science
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirement
Manufacturing / Non-Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb. May have possible exposure to dust, and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% – 66% of the time.
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions
- Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Meggitt reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Meggitt shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
296 Brogdon Road
Suwanee GA 30024
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
InVeris Training Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation. Contact Human Resources at ITS-HumanResources@inveristraining.com.